We want to thank you for growing with us. Occasionally, we reach out to our users and inform them of key updates and new features.
Come this August we will transition from a free “beta” service to a paid service. This marks a milestone of the application and our business. For the past 8 years, Vyew has been the only full-featured web conferencing provider that has offered a completely free service.
Like all good things, the free version is coming to an end. In order to continue providing this service, we must find a balance to our sustainable business model. If you have been using Vyew free of charge and getting value out of it, why not help support us? We will continue to grow and maintain the service. Next month we plan to release our much-anticipated iOS app for your iPhone and iPad. If you are already a paying customer, we thank you, and your pricing will remain the same.
On August 25th of this year, we will phase out our free user accounts. In it’s place we will offer a $.99 trial for 30 days for new users. You as an existing user of Vyew, you will have to convert to a paid account before that date.
We will offer 3 paid user accounts:
• Our single user Plus account will be $9.95 USD a month. This is a limited feature account butsuits the basic needs of many users.
• Our single-user Pro account will be $29.95 USD a month and have all the features Vyew has now, plus new features we are adding (such as iOS integration) as we move to being a paid service
• Our 5-user Team accounts will be $99 USD a month for every 5 users. Team accounts have all the features our Pro accounts but with bulk pricing discounts.
Act now and save. If you subscribe for 1 year or more …save well over 65%. We make this offer as a thank you for your loyalty to Vyew.
We look forward to making Vyew even better.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
So what do I get with this new pricing model besides access to the features I am used to?
• Upgraded PDF rendering of your room
• Wolfram search and related calculators
• Checklist and procedures with our “Get It Done” framework
• early beta access to our iPhone and iPad apps
What will happen to my free account?
We deeply apologize, but we can no longer afford to provide free accounts. If you opt out, on August 26th your account will be frozen. If you don’t choose to upgrade by September 26th, then your room content will be removed.
What if I’m already a paying customer?
We appreciate your support and your current pricing will remain the same. All monthly and yearly accounts will renew at their same price level.
Who uses Vyew?
We have discovered that there are four types of users:
• Tutors and teachers, especially in language arts and math
• Coaches, consultants, and training, especially for blended on-site and online whiteboard discussion
• Business managers, especially those involved in international account sales and service
• Small business owners and their virtual assistants, especially those involved in visual design and trade promotions
We’ve recently introduced a new advertising bar for free accounts. This will enable Vyew to keep the service free. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please upgrade to a basic “plus” plan to remove ads.
If you have multiple email addresses, it is convenient to link them all together in the Vyew system. If someone invites you to a room and send the invite to either of your addresses, they can all be accessed by one Vyew account. For this purpose we allow you to create multiple Email Aliases for your main Vyew account.
I may have three different email addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com. I use firstname.lastname@example.org to login to my Vyew account. My colleagues may have all three of those emails in their address book. When they go to invite me to a Vyew Room, they may invite email@example.com. When this happens an unregistered guest account for firstname.lastname@example.org is created. When I enter that room I will come in as email@example.com, not as firstname.lastname@example.org (which is my main login).
To solve this problem I will create two Email Aliases (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org) linked to my main Vyew login (email@example.com).
How to create an Email Alias
- Go to the Email Alias Manager
- You may be prompted to login. Make sure you are logged in as your main Vyew login address.
- Add your other email addresses with the form
- A confirmation email will go out and you must click the link in the email to complete the process.
If I have two registered Vyew accounts already, how do I merge and link them together?
If the email alias you would like to create already exists as a registered account, then all the data and rooms will be merged over to the main account. For example, if my main account is firstname.lastname@example.org, and I create an alias called email@example.com, then any rooms owned by firstname.lastname@example.org will be then transferred to email@example.com.
There is a major bug which we are working on and will release an emergency fix immediately (by today, Thurs, May 3rd). The issue is that a large number of media object (image, document, etc) inside a room are not editable or movable. No data is lost, it is just no editable. We greatly apologize for this huge inconvenience and are working hard to get this fixed ASAP.
The reason this is happening is because our database reached a limit on the ID numbers for media objects. We are changing the datatype to account for more media objects and are testing the fix right now. We hope to release sometime during the day today, Thursday, May 3rd.
Here’s what’s been happening at Vyew this past month:
- New Home Dashboard – monitor activity in all of your rooms
- Page Voice Notes – Easily record up to 5 minutes of audio on each page
- Translate Quickly – If you work with people who write comments in other languages, you can easily translate
- New Language Option – Chinese is now available in the UI
- Hand Grab Tool – Hold the space bar, then click and drag to drag the page around (instead of scrolling)