Vyew 4 Interface Overview
This article will help you transition from Vyew 3 to Vyew 4. As of April 2011, about 60% of our users are on Vyew 4.
How do I know if my account is Vyew 3 or 4?
To check what version you are on, go here: http://vyew.com/switchversions
What’s the difference Vyew 3 and Vyew 4?
- There are 2 minor things are not in Vyew 4: (1) Stamp Tool, (2) MP3 Support (will be fixed). Learn more.
- Vyew 4 Interface has been changed to make it easier to use (we hope, your feedback is important to us).
- We added some new features… Read here for more info.
The New Interface
Our goal of for the new interface was to make it simpler to use. Some of you who have been using Vyew 3 for a long time, may feel slightly lost when first jumping into Vyew 4 because we moved a few things around.
Where did my buttons go?
Here’s a list of some things we did to the Vyew interface:
- Removed Book Menu – Most items moved into the Main Menu such as renaming, publishing, activity logs, settings.
- Moved Edit Menu – Moved into the drawing tools side bar. This includes cut/copy/paste, undo/redo, etc…
- Import Button renamed to INSERT – The Insert menu now houses inserting any new media, plugins, or blank pages and screenshots.
- Removed buttons: Insert Plugin, Paste, Print, Add Page, Duplicate Page – these buttons were moved into the INSERT menu, or EDIT menu.
- Moved Login Status / Logout into the Main Menu.
- Chat Pod Loading is Different — If there is nobody in the room, the chat side pod does open by default. You can open it by click on the double arrow icon at the lower right part of the screen.
More Help Topics:
- Quick Start Guide
- Screen Sharing Troubleshooter
- Setting up a Mic/Webcam
- About Sync/Unsync Mode
- About User Roles/Permissions