We want to thank you for growing with us. Occasionally, we reach out to our users and inform them of key updates and new features.
Come this August we will transition from a free “beta” service to a paid service. This marks a milestone of the application and our business. For the past 8 years, Vyew has been the only full-featured web conferencing provider that has offered a completely free service.
Like all good things, the free version is coming to an end. In order to continue providing this service, we must find a balance to our sustainable business model. If you have been using Vyew free of charge and getting value out of it, why not help support us? We will continue to grow and maintain the service. Next month we plan to release our much-anticipated iOS app for your iPhone and iPad. If you are already a paying customer, we thank you, and your pricing will remain the same.
On August 25th of this year, we will phase out our free user accounts. In it’s place we will offer a $.99 trial for 30 days for new users. You as an existing user of Vyew, you will have to convert to a paid account before that date.
We will offer 3 paid user accounts:
• Our single user Plus account will be $9.95 USD a month. This is a limited feature account butsuits the basic needs of many users.
• Our single-user Pro account will be $29.95 USD a month and have all the features Vyew has now, plus new features we are adding (such as iOS integration) as we move to being a paid service
• Our 5-user Team accounts will be $99 USD a month for every 5 users. Team accounts have all the features our Pro accounts but with bulk pricing discounts.
Act now and save. If you subscribe for 1 year or more …save well over 65%. We make this offer as a thank you for your loyalty to Vyew.
We look forward to making Vyew even better.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
So what do I get with this new pricing model besides access to the features I am used to?
• Upgraded PDF rendering of your room
• Wolfram search and related calculators
• Checklist and procedures with our “Get It Done” framework
• early beta access to our iPhone and iPad apps
What will happen to my free account?
We deeply apologize, but we can no longer afford to provide free accounts. If you opt out, on August 26th your account will be frozen. If you don’t choose to upgrade by September 26th, then your room content will be removed.
What if I’m already a paying customer?
We appreciate your support and your current pricing will remain the same. All monthly and yearly accounts will renew at their same price level.
Who uses Vyew?
We have discovered that there are four types of users:
• Tutors and teachers, especially in language arts and math
• Coaches, consultants, and training, especially for blended on-site and online whiteboard discussion
• Business managers, especially those involved in international account sales and service
• Small business owners and their virtual assistants, especially those involved in visual design and trade promotions
We’ve recently introduced a new advertising bar for free accounts. This will enable Vyew to keep the service free. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please upgrade to a basic “plus” plan to remove ads.
There is a major bug which we are working on and will release an emergency fix immediately (by today, Thurs, May 3rd). The issue is that a large number of media object (image, document, etc) inside a room are not editable or movable. No data is lost, it is just no editable. We greatly apologize for this huge inconvenience and are working hard to get this fixed ASAP.
The reason this is happening is because our database reached a limit on the ID numbers for media objects. We are changing the datatype to account for more media objects and are testing the fix right now. We hope to release sometime during the day today, Thursday, May 3rd.
Here’s what’s been happening at Vyew this past month:
- New Home Dashboard – monitor activity in all of your rooms
- Page Voice Notes – Easily record up to 5 minutes of audio on each page
- Translate Quickly – If you work with people who write comments in other languages, you can easily translate
- New Language Option – Chinese is now available in the UI
- Hand Grab Tool – Hold the space bar, then click and drag to drag the page around (instead of scrolling)
February 2012 was a busy month here at Vyew. There were quite a few new features and updates added:
- New Feature: Task Assignments and Page Approval Requests
- Email documents and text directly into your Vyew Room
- Reply by Email to comment notifications for import into the Vyew Room comment thread
- Copy Pages between Rooms
- New MP3 Player plugin
- Updated the Quiz/Poll Plugin for Vyew 4