Announcing Vyew 4.0 beta
We apologize for the lack of status updates. We are working hard and are excited that Vyew 4.0 is almost here! Today we have released another beta version which has many bug fixes. Although it is not 100% ready, all I can say is we are very close. Stay tuned!
The Vyew team has been working hard on a new version we are very proud of. We’re still working out the final kinks, but we have something thats ready to be used.
What’s new in the final Vyew 4.0 release?
It’s been rebuilt from the ground up in the latest Flash Flex4 technology which means…
- The interface is more responsive, faster, and more stable.
- Loading times* will be faster.
- Simpler, easier to use interface.
- Secure – We’ve added more security to keep your content safe.
- Searching – Search for content within your rooms.
- Unified Invites – Scheduling meetings and open-ended invites can be managed in one place.
- Notifications* – Get notified when certain rooms are modified, or people leave you comments.
* This feature not ready yet, but will be.
But wait there’s more!
With our new technology platform we’re able to do more things. Right around the corner from the 4.0 release will be…
- Export to PDF/Print - Yea, we know, our current print function isn’t very great. This one will rock.
- New Page Navigator with page thumbnails.
- Email in/out of Vyew – Send an attachment to your Vyew room, and it’ll get imported immediately.
- Encrypted Meetings – Business customers can rest assured with fully encrypted meeting room.
What’s missing in the BETA release?
- There are many little final touches in the interface that are not done.
- Most of the “plugins” are not available, such as graphing calculator, dynamic button, video player, etc.
- You cannot upload interactive SWF files.
- The text tool is lacking many of the final features.
- No foreign language support.
- No naming and arranging pages in the room yet.
- No multi-select tool.
We are dedicated to your collaboration experienceIn the coming months we’ll be listening even more closely to our users and continuously testing and refining our interface. We are committed to building the easiest to use, and most capable collaboration platform on the market. We apologize if any of you felt ignored in the last six months, but now you’ll know why — Vyew 4.0 has a lot of bug fixes since our last version.
How do I use Vyew 4.0?
What if I find a bug?
Please report it to us here: http://vyew.com/bug
What if I dont like Vyew 4.0?
We will leave our old version online until Vyew 4.0 is rock solid. By going to the same url, you can switch back to the old version.