We apologize for the lack of status updates. We are working hard and are excited that Vyew 4.0 is almost here! Today we have released another beta version which has many bug fixes. Although it is not 100% ready, all I can say is we are very close. Stay tuned!
The Vyew team has been working hard on a new version we are very proud of. We’re still working out the final kinks, but we have something thats ready to be used. Read more
Over the weekend we ran routine maintenance on our database servers. Today we are re-syncing all our user accounts across all servers to make sure all data is in sync.
Between 11:15am and 12:37pm today (PST Pacific Time), one of our servers fell out of sync, so it may have appeared to a handful of our users, that they had lost some data.
All servers are back in proper working order and no data has been lost. We apologize for the inconvenience.
I just want to reassure all our users:
- Data integrity and security is our highest priority
- Vyew is continually sync’d and backed up across multiple U.S. locations
- All Vyew rooms auto-save to the servers every 3 minutes
- Incremental backups are made every night
- Complete snapshot backups made every 3 days
Summary: What happened today, was not a loss of data, but data going out of sync for about 1 hour.
A few changes this last month:
- Desktop Sharing – We are working to make this feature more stable and work more seamlessly among presenters. We have installed a few new changes which should facilitate a smoother experience. We are still working on a few more stability features to be released next month. If you still have any problems, be sure to submit a test report here, and use the Vyew Accelerator for desktop sharing.
- Dynamic Button – The button plugin allows collaborators and up to open external link URL’s automatically for everyone in the room.
- Bug fixes – A lot of minor bug fixes including single apostrophes in book names sometimes had problems redirecting when opening.
We have been working hard on our next major version release, Vyew 4.0. We hope to have this launched early in 2010.
- New, easier to use interface
- Faster interface response times
- Faster drawing tools response times
- Higher security
- and much more…. to be listed later.
The Vyew system will go down for routine maintenance on:
Thursday Dec 10 / 10:00 pm (Pacific)
- EST: Friday Dec 11 / 2:00 am
- Mexico City: Friday Dec 11 / Midnight
- London: Friday Dec 11 / 7:00 am
- Moscow: Friday Dec 11 / 9:00 am
- Hong Kong: Friday Dec 11 / 3:00 pm
- Sydney: Friday Dec 11 / 5:00 pm
Downtime will last for about 30 minutes. Thank you for your understanding.
A war room is a place that is used to provide centralized command for communications. Unlike a conference room, a war room is dedicated to a specific objective where information is readily available and displayed at all times. Personnel can come in and out to contribute new data and thoughts over-time, or in real-time meetings.
Vyew is a browser-based environment for communication, sharing content, enabling workflow; and all are captured, integrated and managed. Vyew increases the productivity of multiple participant activities … in real-time, any-time and over-time, replicating the functions of the physical war room.
The white paper on the Collaborative WarRoomhere.can be accessed