Last week a bug was discovered in which certain pages on the beta product were missing. The data was not lost, it was just not loading. We have fixed it and will be updating the beta server. This bug was reported to occur less than 10% of the time. If you experienced this bug and require a missing page to be replaced, please contact support with the exact Book name/ID and page number.
This article will help you transition from Vyew 3 to Vyew 4. As of April 2011, about 60% of our users are on Vyew 4.
How do I know if my account is Vyew 3 or 4?
To check what version you are on, go here: http://vyew.com/switchversions
What’s the difference Vyew 3 and Vyew 4?
- There are 2 minor things are not in Vyew 4: (1) Stamp Tool, (2) MP3 Support (will be fixed). Learn more.
- Vyew 4 Interface has been changed to make it easier to use (we hope, your feedback is important to us).
- We added some new features… Read here for more info.
We apologize for the lack of status updates. We are working hard and are excited that Vyew 4.0 is almost here! Today we have released another beta version which has many bug fixes. Although it is not 100% ready, all I can say is we are very close. Stay tuned!
The Vyew team has been working hard on a new version we are very proud of. We’re still working out the final kinks, but we have something thats ready to be used. Read more
Over the weekend we ran routine maintenance on our database servers. Today we are re-syncing all our user accounts across all servers to make sure all data is in sync.
Between 11:15am and 12:37pm today (PST Pacific Time), one of our servers fell out of sync, so it may have appeared to a handful of our users, that they had lost some data.
All servers are back in proper working order and no data has been lost. We apologize for the inconvenience.
I just want to reassure all our users:
- Data integrity and security is our highest priority
- Vyew is continually sync’d and backed up across multiple U.S. locations
- All Vyew rooms auto-save to the servers every 3 minutes
- Incremental backups are made every night
- Complete snapshot backups made every 3 days
Summary: What happened today, was not a loss of data, but data going out of sync for about 1 hour.
A few changes this last month:
- Desktop Sharing – We are working to make this feature more stable and work more seamlessly among presenters. We have installed a few new changes which should facilitate a smoother experience. We are still working on a few more stability features to be released next month. If you still have any problems, be sure to submit a test report here, and use the Vyew Accelerator for desktop sharing.
- Dynamic Button – The button plugin allows collaborators and up to open external link URL’s automatically for everyone in the room.
- Bug fixes – A lot of minor bug fixes including single apostrophes in book names sometimes had problems redirecting when opening.
We have been working hard on our next major version release, Vyew 4.0. We hope to have this launched early in 2010.
- New, easier to use interface
- Faster interface response times
- Faster drawing tools response times
- Higher security
- and much more…. to be listed later.