Vyew’s FREE Conference Call Service
It’s a great way to bring your collaborators and participants together via telephone. Moderators have access to mute controls when handling large groups (see Advanced Features).
- Vyew Teleconference Number: (218) 862-6114
- The access code/extension is found in your Vyew Room.
Getting Your Access Code
Click on Conference Call for Free link at the bottom of the Chat Pod, near the bottom right corner of Vyew. This will display the call-in number and extension (or “access code”) for everyone in that room.
800 Toll-Free Number?
Sorry, we do not supply a toll-free number.
Using Your Own Conference Call Number
If you have your own service, you can edit the displayed call-in number:
- Double click on the current conference call number displayed at the bottom of the chat pod.
- At the bottom of the Room Settings box, change the number and click Submit.
An Alternative to Conference Calling
Up to 4 people can simultaneously use Vyew’s VOIP Push To Talk feature.
Starting a Teleconference
- Dial the conference number
- Input your extention (access code), then # (pound). Note that moderators should dial * (star) before entering their access code to give them access to the Advanced Features.
You will hear music if no one else is in the room. You will hear a tone when someone enters the room.
For Moderators Only – Moderators must dial * before they enter the access code to access the call options.
- Muting Everyone Except Moderators
Dialing *7 will switch between these modes:
- Conversation Mode (default) = Everyone can speak
- Q/A Mode = Everyone is muted, except call organizer (anyone can unmute themselves with *6)
- Presentation Mode = Only the call organizer(s) can speak.
- Complete Call Options List
*0 = Exit private call
*1 = Enter private call (You need to know the other persons private caller code)
*2 = Get my private caller code
*4 = Help menu
*5 = Lock/Unlock conference
*6 = Mute/unmute yourself
*7 = Cycle between call modes (Conversation/QA/Presentation)
- Using the conference call MUTE feature with Vyew handraising
If you have over 10 people in a room and you are giving a presentation, it could get chaotic on the phone conference. This is the recommended way to manage a lot of users.:
- Use *7 Presentation Mode in the phone conference so that only moderators can speak
- Tell your users to raise their hand in Vyew if they have a question or would like to speak
- Give them the option of chatting their question. If you would like them to speak, dial *7 to change to Conversation Mode
- After they have spoken, change back to Presentation Mode with *7.