Setting Up Your Mic and Webcam
- The video conferencing system built in to Vyew uses a standard webcam.
First test your settings
- Make sure your headset and webcam are plugged in, then go to Vyew’s browser test page. There, your browser will be tested for Adobe Flash 10.2+, which is required.
Did the Flash test fail? Don’t see the mic and webcam tests? You must install Flash from Adobe’s web site. It’s a good idea to reboot your computer after doing so.
- If you have Flash installed, you will see two tests, Test Microphone and Test WebCam. Click those and you will be prompted to record a small portion of audio or video, and it will be played back to you.
If the Microphone and Webcam Test worked, you are ready use the Webcam and VOIP in a Vyew Meeting.
If the test didn’t work…
- Run the Flash Media Server Test, located near the top of the same browser test page. Accept any certificate pop-ups.
- There are six tests. You only need one to pass with “SUCCESS“.
- If all six failed, please see Opening firewall ports for Vyew.