Uploading Flash Apps into Vyew
You can load Flash Applications into Vyew, but there are a few restrictions and things to think about.
- Do not use any of these keywords in your Flash Actionscript code:
- _root. (_root can only be used if .lockroot=true)
- If you are referencing/loading any outside assets, such images, or other Flash modules, you must use an absolute path, ie. load(“http://mydomain.com/something.jpg”), instead of load(“/something.jpg”)
- If you are loading assets from another domain, you must add a crossdomain file to that domain to allow access from “http://data.vyew.com” (See cross domain section below)
What if I’m not sure about all that stuff?
You can just try to upload your app and see what happens.
- In your Vyew Room, click IMPORT
- Select the SWF file to load and MAKE SURE “Interactive Object” checkbox IS CHECKED.
How do I synchronize my Flash App among other Vyew Users in my meeting room?
It is possible to sync actions, for example, when one user clicks a button, the action takes place on all users in the room. To do so you must take advantage of the Vyew Client-side API. Read more.
To setup a crossdomain allowance, you must put a crossdomain.xml file into the root of your domain. See this example crossdomain.