Conducting an eSeminar/Webinar
Conferencing/Webinars vs. Collaboration
- Web Conferences, Webinars, and Web Meetings, usually consist of one or a few people moderating or presenting to 5, 10 or hundreds of people (See participant limit below)
- Collaboration on the other hand, is more of a collective effort to create or edit content. Collaboration can take place in live in real-time, or over time, at each users convenience.
Conferencing and Collaboration in Vyew
- Vyew provides features for both types of meetings (conferencing and collaboration). We sometimes refer to this as Synchronous (at the same time) and Asynchronous (anytime)
- Participant limits: Free registered users have a limit of 10 people, the highest paid account has a limit of 80 people. (Pricing/Limit page)
Vyew provides multi-format uploads, whiteboarding, desktop sharing, screen capture, Voice-Over-IP, Video, and Teleconferencing. (Full Feature List)
Tips for Conducting a Webinar:
- Webinar etiquette – join your meeting early and share a “welcome” slide that says your meeting will be starting shortly. Before the meeting begins, provide a quick review of items such as how to use the chat feature, how to draw (if you make that option available to your audience), how to use the conference call, webcam, etc. (What’s the best communication method? Learn more.)
- Check connectivity – Make sure everything is working properly: slides, video, internet, phone lines, mic, web cam, etc.
- Avoid PowerPoint only – include animation, photos, videos or other visual aids to make your presentation more interesting
- Use the built-in quiz/polling plugin – Engage your audience by including polling questions at key points in your presentation. Use it at the beginning of the presentation to get more insight into your audience while they wait for everyone to show up AND/OR use it at the end of the presentation for feedback and follow-up questions. Learn more about quiz/poll plugin.
- Use SYNC mode – Forces viewer to follow you around from page to page. Also synchronizes video and audio.
Other Useful Hints
Close the sidebar for everyone
If you want your Vyew Room to have a full screen without the interference of the sidebar, you can close this for everyone you are presenting to.
- Click once on the tab that closes the sidebar and a window will pop up
- Click on the option to “close for all users”
- To reopen, click on tab and choose, “open for all users”
Are users distracting the meeting?
If you have a large meeting, where users might be inclined to distract the meeting by drawing or playing with other features, it is recommended that you demote everyone to a Viewer. You can demote everyone at once with the Userlist Menu (the tool icon in lower right).
The viewer role, can only watch and chat. Also viewer’s do not broadcast their mouse cursor to the meeting, like collaborators, moderators and owners do. This will help minimize distractions during the meeting.
Learn more about User Permission/Roles
- Follow you from book to book
In the SYNC mode, you can also force all the attendees to follow you from book to book. During the webinar, if you switch to another book, a window will pop up and give you the option of “forcing participants to follow you” OR “Leave them alone”.
- Kick someone out – disconnect a user by clicking on their name in user list and selecting “disconnect this user”
- Start a private chat – click on the “start private chat” button at the bottom of the left side bar