How do I manage Conference Calls?
The conference call number and access code for your VyewBook meeting room can by found by clicking the Conference Call button in the right sidebar panel beneath the UserList.
For most VyewBooks, the conference call number is:
(218) 862-6114 (Check your VyewBook for the access code number)
Entering a conference call:
1. Dial the conference number
2. Press “2” to join a call
3. Enter your access code number
Once inside the conference call, if you are the organizer of the call you can use these options:
Dial *7 to change the Conference Call modes:
- Conversation Mode (default) = Everyone can speak
- Q/A Mode = Everyone except call organizer is muted (but anyone can unmute themselves with *6)
- Presentation Mode = Only the call organizer(s) can speak.
Dial *5 to Lock/Unlock the conference (Lock means no more callers can enter)
Using the conference call MUTE feature with Vyew handraising
If you have many people in your Vyew meeting, this is probably the best way to manage speakers:
- Use *7 in the phone conference to keep it in Presentation Mode, so that only you can speak
- Tell your users to raise their hand in Vyew if they have a question or would like to speak
- Give them the option of chatting their question. If you would like them to speak, dial *7 to change to Conversation Mode
- After they have spoken, change back to Presentation Mode with *7.
Complete Call Options List
For call organizer only:
*0 = Exit private call
*1 = Enter private call (You need to know the other persons private caller code)
*2 = Get my private caller code
*4 = Help menu
*5 = Lock/Unlock conference
*6 = Mute/unmute yourself
*7 = Cycle between call modes (Conversation/QA/Presentation)