Issues with the Webcam
Any webcam issues are usually between your Webcam and your Operating System, or The Webcam and Flash itself.
Using the Webcam on a Mac is slightly more problematic because when choosing the webcam device from Flash, it may show up to 3 other devices, such as USB and Firewire devices.
To use the webcam:
- Login to a VyewBook Meeting
- Click on the webcam icon in the upper right (to the left of the “Push To Talk” button)
- If you see a RED “X” through the “Push to Talk” button then you are not connected to our Webcam Server. Please issue a bug report for that problem.
- If this is your first time, a Flash Player Settings window will popup. Click ALLOW then CLOSE.
- You should then see your webcam broadcasting your own image.
- If you don’t, click the webcam icon again, to STOP, then again to START.
If you are using a Macintosh:
- When the Flash Player Settings box appears, you may have to choose the correct webcam device.
- Try the one that matches your device, if you’re not sure, try each one.