How do I use the Equation Editor (Math Symbols)
The equation editor allows you to easily build nice-looking mathematical equations. It is designed to work very similarly to the Equation Editor in Microsoft Office 2007, so if you’ve used that, this should be simple to understand. Note that it does not actually do any calculations, it is purely for display only.
The Equation Editor is a plug-in. To open it, in a VyewBook, goto the EDIT menu > Insert Plug-in (or use the Plugin shortcut along the top toolbar that looks like a puzzle-piece icon).
- Click the ‘Pencil’ icon to edit
- The buttons across the top open different symbol palettes
- Click on a symbol to add that symbol to your current equation
- You can also type on your keyboard to add to your equation
- Blue rectangles are placeholders. Click on them, and then add symbols by typing or selecting symbols from the toolbar
- You can select a portion of your equation and then use the buttons across the botton to Copy, Cut, or Paste.
- IMPORTANT: You MUST click ‘SAVE’ or your equation will not be saved! Also, nobody else can see what you’ve entered until you save it.
When you are done editing, either click ‘HIDE’ or click the red X, to hide the editor, and only display the equation.
keywords:algebra geometry trig