We’ve recently introduced a new advertising bar for free accounts. This will enable Vyew to keep the service free. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please upgrade to a basic “plus” plan to remove ads.
There is a major bug which we are working on and will release an emergency fix immediately (by today, Thurs, May 3rd). The issue is that a large number of media object (image, document, etc) inside a room are not editable or movable. No data is lost, it is just no editable. We greatly apologize for this huge inconvenience and are working hard to get this fixed ASAP.
The reason this is happening is because our database reached a limit on the ID numbers for media objects. We are changing the datatype to account for more media objects and are testing the fix right now. We hope to release sometime during the day today, Thursday, May 3rd.
Here’s what’s been happening at Vyew this past month:
- New Home Dashboard – monitor activity in all of your rooms
- Page Voice Notes – Easily record up to 5 minutes of audio on each page
- Translate Quickly – If you work with people who write comments in other languages, you can easily translate
- New Language Option – Chinese is now available in the UI
- Hand Grab Tool – Hold the space bar, then click and drag to drag the page around (instead of scrolling)
February 2012 was a busy month here at Vyew. There were quite a few new features and updates added:
- New Feature: Task Assignments and Page Approval Requests
- Email documents and text directly into your Vyew Room
- Reply by Email to comment notifications for import into the Vyew Room comment thread
- Copy Pages between Rooms
- New MP3 Player plugin
- Updated the Quiz/Poll Plugin for Vyew 4