Start the Meeting Wizard
In the room where the meeting is scheduled, click on Invite, then See who has access…
…then in the invitation list, click the Edit icon for the meeting.
Editing the Scheduled Meeting
Adding Invitations to the Meeting
The Invitation Wizard will show a list of all the currently invited people. To add people, type in their email addresses, comma separated. Click Next.
Changing the Meeting Time
Here, you can edit the scheduled meeting time. Click Next.
In the final screen, clicking FINISH will save the scheduled meeting information and re-email everyone who was scheduled to attend.
You can assign different people different types of access. Some may edit, while others can only view:
- Moderator – like an Owner, they have access to everything except the Room Settings
- Collaborator – can draw, edit, delete their own content, and change Sync Mode. They can’t delete pages, change other’s content or change other’s permissions.
- Reviewer – like a Collaborator, except they can’t import any media, such as images or documents, into a room.
- Viewer – can’t edit or change anything.
- With Sync Mode ON, they are locked onto the currently sync’d page, and cannot navigate.
- With Sync Mode OFF, they can navigate pages as they wish.
Why can viewers navigate when Sync Mode is OFF?
- When giving a presentation, Sync is usually ON so that everyone will follow you from page to page.
- When using Vyew for document review or collaboration, when you may or may not be present, Sync is usually OFF to allow collaborators to browse as they need.
Assigning Roles to New Invitees
For most invitations, assign invitee’s permission levels in the invite wizard. See Inviting and Sharing Rooms.
Changing Roles of Current Attendees
In the UserList pod near the upper right of Vyew, click on their username, Change user type to:, then on the desired level.
Different user roles have different interfaces
The lower the permission status of a user, the simpler their interface will be, since certain functions will not be available.
while a Viewer will not:
By default, people who are invited to Vyew do not need to login, register, or even have a Vyew account.
When inviting people to a non-scheduled meeting, if you select “No” when asked “Allow user to share with others?”, that attendee will be required to enter their email address. They’re not required to register or already have a Vyew account of their own, but just to enter the email address to which the invitation was sent. This verifies that the person who received the invitation is the person joining.
Instead of using the Vyew Invitation Manager, you can also email people the URL of the Vyew Room, e.g.:
Setting Access Control: Open To Anyone
To allow users to come in directly to a Vyew Room without needing an invite, set the “Room Access” to “Anyone with the link:”.
You can then set the permissions level of the users who enter your Vyew Room through the direct URL:
- They can view – to limit their access to just viewing. (A Viewer.)
- They can draw / comment – to allow them to view, markup, and comment on content. (A Reviewer.)
- They can draw / comment and upload – to allow them to review and upload content. (A Collaborator.)
- Click on “More Options” to be able to assign users Moderator privileges.
More about User Roles/Permissions.
Setting Access Control: Password Protect a Vyew Room
For added security, you can distribute your room’s URL generally, then give the password only to selected users. Users without the password will be sent to your lobby.
Set the “Room Access” to “Private – only invited users”, then check “or people with this password:” and enter your room’s password in the box.
How Sync Mode affects Viewer Permissions
You should also be aware that a book’s Sync Mode affects whether a Viewer user role can navigate or not. Please read this section: “How Sync Mode affects Viewer Roles“.