Click “Edit” to enter new functions or edit previously entered ones.
Click “Enter” to display.
The buttons at the upper left control zoom, and calculates the intersections of two or more functions.
You can click and drag the graph to move.
neg(), abs(), sign(), !
ln(), log(), exp(), pow()
sin(), cos(), tan(), cot(), sec(), csc()
asin(), acos(), atan(), acot(), asec(), acsc(),
sinh(), cosh(), tanh(), coth(), sech(), csch()
asinh(), acosh(), atanh(), acoth(), asech(), acsch()
They all take one argument, except pow() which takes 2.
The constants ‘e’ and ‘pi’ are available.
‘|x|’ is the same as ‘abs(x)’.
‘x^2′ is the same as ‘pow(x,2)’.
‘exp(x)’ is the same as ‘e^x’ or ‘pow(e,x)’.
‘x!’ is x factorial.
To graph multiple functions, separate them with a semicolon (‘;’). For example:
The equation editor allows you to easily build nice-looking mathematical equations. It is designed to work very similarly to the Equation Editor in Microsoft Office 2007, so if you’ve used that, this should be simple to understand. Note that it does not actually do any calculations, it is purely for display only.
The Equation Editor is a plug-in. To open it, in a Vyew Room, goto the EDIT menu > Insert Plug-in (or use the Plugin shortcut along the top toolbar that looks like a puzzle-piece icon).
- Click the ‘Pencil’ icon to edit
- The buttons across the top open different symbol palettes
- Click on a symbol to add that symbol to your current equation
- You can also type on your keyboard to add to your equation
- Blue rectangles are placeholders. Click on them, and then add symbols by typing or selecting symbols from the toolbar
- You can select a portion of your equation and then use the buttons across the botton to Copy, Cut, or Paste.
- IMPORTANT: You MUST click ‘SAVE’ or your equation will not be saved! Also, nobody else can see what you’ve entered until you save it.
When you are done editing, either click ‘HIDE’ or click the red X, to hide the editor, and only display the equation.
keywords:algebra geometry trig
There are two ways to insert MP3 files:
- From your computer.
- From the web via a URL.
Inserting MP3s from Your Computer
Click Insert near the top center of Vyew, then File From Computer.
In the file selection box, select or type the name of the MP3, then type or click Enter, OK, or Open. (Shown here is the Windows 7 file selection box— yours may differ.)
Inserting MP3s from the Internet
Click Insert near the top center of Vyew, then From URL.
In the text box, enter the URL of the MP3. Type Enter or click Insert.
The MP3 Player
Click Menu for auto-play options.
- Autoplay – MP3 starts on page open.
- Repeat – MP3 restarts once finished.
- Stop when page changes – MP3 stops on leaving page.
When inserting the MP3 player plugin manually, enter a URL here.
A quiz/polling feature is frequent request, and it is on the timeline, but as of now, Vyew does not have one.
One serviceable workaround is to have your participants use the Status feature. By clicking on their own name in the userlist, and selecting Change status to:, users can select one of the five status options to express their responses.
You can insert videos to be synchronously played, paused, and stopped for everyone in the room.
Upload to YouTube
Videos must be uploaded to YouTube. Vyew does not directly host videos because of their size.
- You can search YouTube directly within Vyew.
- You can copy the full YouTube URL (e.g., “http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtX8nswnUKU“) into our video player.
Showing Video in the Room
Click Insert then More… to expand the Insert palatte.
Click Online Video.
In the Search for Videos tab, enter the search term.
- Click to preview.
- Click to insert.
Paste or type into the Insert from URL tab. Click Insert Video.
Sync Mode and Videos
If in Sync Mode, when you play, pause or reposition the video, it will for your attendees too.
Video Player Options
You can set automatic control options for the player.