You can assign different people different types of access. Some may edit, while others can only view:
- Moderator – like an Owner, they have access to everything except the Room Settings
- Collaborator – can draw, edit, delete their own content, and change Sync Mode. They can’t delete pages, change other’s content or change other’s permissions.
- Reviewer – like a Collaborator, except they can’t import any media, such as images or documents, into a room.
- Viewer – can’t edit or change anything.
- With Sync Mode ON, they are locked onto the currently sync’d page, and cannot navigate.
- With Sync Mode OFF, they can navigate pages as they wish.
Why can viewers navigate when Sync Mode is OFF?
- When giving a presentation, Sync is usually ON so that everyone will follow you from page to page.
- When using Vyew for document review or collaboration, when you may or may not be present, Sync is usually OFF to allow collaborators to browse as they need.
Assigning Roles to New Invitees
For most invitations, assign invitee’s permission levels in the invite wizard. See Inviting and Sharing Rooms.
Changing Roles of Current Attendees
In the UserList pod near the upper right of Vyew, click on their username, Change user type to:, then on the desired level.
Different user roles have different interfaces
The lower the permission status of a user, the simpler their interface will be, since certain functions will not be available.
while a Viewer will not: