Vyew gives you control over where your guests are, and when your guests can access your Vyew Rooms.
Where in your Room…
The Sync button is to the right of the Insert button, near the top center of Vyew.
- Sync mode:
- Synchronizes the starting, stopping, and pausing of the Youtube video plugin.
- Forces synchronization of pages and page turns, so that everyone is always on the same page.
- Unsync mode allows everyone to roam free within the same Room.
When in your Room…
Vyew is unique in that your Room’s contents are accessible anytime, to anyone, with the permissions you specify.
- Work synchronously, with everyone in the same room at the same time, or
- Work asynchronously, with users accessing your room at their convenience.
Why is it like this?
- When giving a presentation, Sync is usually ON, so that everyone will follow you from page to page.
- When using Vyew for document review or collaboration, when you may or may not be present, Sync is usually OFF, to allow collaborators to browse as they need.
Owners and persons granted “Moderator” status can let persons navigate pages at their own pace, if desired, via the Page Sync/Un-sync options next to the Page Navigation:
Owners and Moderators can also just un-sync themselves. For example, a Moderator might want to jump ahead to edit a page prior to discussion during a live conference.
NOTE: Vyew Rooms are set to Un-sync Mode by default. During live conferences, the Owner or Moderator needs to toggle to Sync Mode to make all persons see what they see. When the live conference concludes, and the Owner and all Moderators have left the session, the Vyew Room will default back to Un-sync Mode automatically. To change the default to Sync Mode, select “Default this Vyew Room to Sync Mode” via the Sync Toggle.
Vyew Rooms can also be set to Sync Mode by default via the Room settings found under the Book Menu:
All Vyew Rooms are asynchronous by nature. There are 2 ways take advantage of this.
1. Setup the Vyew Room so anyone can view it:
Set the Room access control to:”open to anyone”, with default usertype as “viewer” and make sure sync mode is OFF.
(Why sync mode off? http://vyew.helpserve.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=36)
Now, you can give out the direct URL to that Vyew Room and anyone can come into it.
2. Publish a Vyew Room as read-only
Each Vyew Room can be published with a separate URL as its parent Room, or embedded into a webpage or blog.
To do so, open the Vyew Room, goto the BOOK menu and click PUBLISH.
More on that: http://vyew.helpserve.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=31