In this example we will move a Vyew Room named “abc book” from the ownership of email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org:
You could also duplicate a Vyew Room to multiple people at once with the same method.
Login to Vyew as the original owner (email@example.com)
- In the “Home” tab, next to “abc book” click “Invite Users” link
- Invite firstname.lastname@example.org, make sure this option is checked :”User can copy room”.
Login to Vyew as the new owner (email@example.com)
- In the “Home” tab, go to the “Vyew Rooms I’m Invited To” section (or folder)
- Click on the book icon menu next to the “abc book” (or right click in some cases), and select “Copy this Vyew Room as my own”
That’s it. Now the new owner owns an exact copy of the original book.
Follow these steps to embed an entire Vyew Room into a web page or blog article:
1. Get the Meeting ID. Log in to Vyew and go to the Home tab. Locate the Room and roll your mouse over it until an indicator pops up telling you what the Meeting ID is. In the example here, the Meeting ID is 5555_524891. Write that down.
2. Set the Read/Write Access – Click and go into the Room, select INVITE / GET LINK TO SHARE… If you want people to have “read-only” access, so they can’t change the content, set it to “They can view”. Then click SUBMIT. (Also note that SYNC MODE should be off, if you want Viewers to be able to navigate pages. Set SYNC MODE by going into the room)
3. Paste this HTML code into your web site:
<iframe src="http://vyew.com/embed.php?mid=XXXXX_XXXXXX" style="width:800px; height:600px;"></iframe>
- XXXXXX_XXXXXX = Replace this part with the MEETING ID from Step 1. (ie. 5555_12345)
- WIDTH and HEIGHT = This snippet currently has the width/height set to 800×600 pixels. You can change those values to whatever you like, or change them to percentage values such as:
- width:90%; height:90%; (note that some browsers don’t respect the height variable as percentages, so using actual pixesl (px) is recommended)
To create a Vyew Room:
- Login to Vyew.
- In the “Home” tab, click on “Create New Room” in the upper left corner.
- Change the name of the Vyew Room: Book menu > Rename Room.
The difference between “Create New Room” and “Schedule a Meeting“
The “Create New Room” button creates a Vyew Room immediately. You can then start a meeting immediately and invite people in. If you are giving out the direct URL to the Vyew Room then make sure to change the Access Control to “Open to Anyone.”
The “Schedule a Meeting” button is for inviting people to a Vyew Room at a specific time. Your invitees will then only be allowed into the meeting at the times/dates you specify.